There’s nothing like the time when you realize you are going to be a parent. There are so many special memories; holding your new baby for the first time, feeling the overwhelming sense of love capturing a glimpse of their freshly made smile. Hearing your baby laugh, encouraging them to explore the world surrounding them, and watching them grow are just a few of life’s simplest, but most powerful pleasures as a new parent.
Whilst the challenge of sleep deprivation and constantly keeping an eye on your little one can make things difficult for first-time moms and dads, the sense of joy you are awarded makes it all seem worth it. Babies are joyous miracles, innocent to this world, and full of love, making them easy to love back.
With this in mind, we wanted to express the deep, powerful emotion of becoming parents for the first time. This is difficult to pinpoint since it is so special, but we still think it deserves quoting about. Therefore, we’ve gathered a range of cute baby quotes for you to navigate through, allowing you to relate to the joys and struggles of new parenthood in showing that you are not alone on this incredible journey.
Whether you want to recapture the memory of when you were a first-time parent, want to gather knowledge of what to expect as a new parent, or are in need of funny, or inspirational quote for a thoughtful baby shower or christening card, you can choose from the generous collection below.
Here, we believe that a quote can capture a thousand emotions, much like a picture can speak a thousand words. Since there’s nothing quite as exciting as expecting a new baby, enjoy our list of baby quotes to feel the ups, downs and struggles of parenthood!
Happy and Loving Baby Quotes
- The most precious jewels you will ever have around your neck, are the arms of your children.
- Happiness is your baby’s first smile.
- Your first breath took ours away.
- A baby fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.
- When I watch my baby sleep, my world is at peace.
- Happiness is homemade.
- A baby’s smile is an antidote to melt your day’s stress away.
- Fairy tales do come true. Look at us, we had you.
- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
- You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep.
- Will cuddle for milk!
- There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time, and smiles.
New Baby Quotes
- I think the best of part of being a mom is when your baby looks up at your and just smiles or stares, because they know you are their person.
- Naptime is the new happy hour.
- Parenting Hack; There are no hacks. Everything is hard.
- 90% of parenting is just thinking about when you can lie down again.
- Welcome to parenthood, where going to the grocery store by yourself is now considered a vacation.
- Before I became a parent, I didn’t know I could ruin someone’s day by asking them to put pants on.
- I make milk, what’s your superpower?
- I’ll have the bottle of house white, please.
- The only time in the new parent experience, where none of you is crying is when everyone has a bottle, parents included.
- Being a new parent means that it is suddenly acceptable to eat scraps off of your baby’s plate.
- I love cleaning up messes I didn’t make. So I became a Mom.
- This home runs on cuddles and caffeine!
- Once you sign on to be a mother, the ‘24/7 shift’ is the only one that’s offered! ~ Jodi Picoult
- “A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house”. ~ Milwaukee Journal.
Funny Baby Quotes
- ‘So, I stepped away for like two seconds…’ the beginning of a parenting horror story.
- “The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable” ~ Lane Olinghouse
- Parenting is a lot like the bar scene: everyone is yelling, everything is sticky, it’s the same music over and over again, and occasionally, someone pukes.
- Nothing strikes fear in a new parent’s heart like these words: Baby. Shark.
- Being a parent is like folding a fitted sheet; no one really knows how.
- Don’t look at ME! That smell is coming from my dad!
- Spit up is my new favorite accessory. No outfit is complete without it.
- “Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough”. ~ Wilhelm Busch.
- If you want to make a new parent cry, tell them that the infant years are actually the easy years.
- Me: you’re going to bed in 5 minutes.
- “Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare”. ~ Ed Asner
- “None of it is real until all of a sudden they’re standing there covered in slime and crying. You’re like, wait a minute, what is that?”. ~ George Clooney
- “Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it”. ~ Marshall McLuhan
Toddler: No. Twenty minutes!
Me: Ok. puts him to bed in 2 minutes because he has no concept of time.
Quotes about Having a Baby
- Giving birth is little more than a set of muscular contractions granting passage of a child. Then the mother is born.
- When they finally place the baby in your arms and you notice that smile, you suddenly feel a surge of overwhelming, unconditional love that you’ve never felt before.
Baby on the Way Quotes
- Hitting the bottle is going to take on a whole new meaning.
- Congrats…you’ll soon live in a madhouse run by a tiny army you created yourself.
- Well, you’ve gone and done it now. You gave your toddler a partner in crime.
- Having a new baby: Where your heart increases in size and your brain capacity diminishes into fuzz.
- Expectant parents pray for their baby. New parents pray for sleep.
- “I used to be excellent. Now that I have a baby and I couldn’t tell you what day it is”. ~ Gwyneth Paltrow
- “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse”. ~ Nia Vardalos
- “The biggest thing I remember is that there was just no transition. You hit the ground diapering”. ~ Paul Reiser
Newborn Daughter Quotes
- There’s this girl who stole my heart… She calls me Daddy!
- I want to live forever to watch you grow, to see what a great woman you will surely become.
- Though she is little, she is fierce.
Newborn Son Quotes
- You’ll be his first kiss, his first love, his first friend, you are his momma, and he is your little boy.
- Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes and realize I have already created one.
- Your baby boy will hold your hand only for a little time, but he will hold your heart for a lifetime.
- Something tells me I am going to love him forever.
- A toddler can do more in one unsupervised moment than most people can do all day…
- You can have a toddler, or you can have nice things. But you cannot have both.
- Hell hath no fury like a toddler who’s sandwich was been cut into squares when they wanted triangles.
- When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I am really saying is, ‘Please forget’.
- Do not compare your dog problems to parenting. Your dog cannot say your name 3,427 times a day.
- Having a toddler means you never get to use the bathroom in private again.
Baby Sleep Quotes
- “People who say, they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one”.~ Leo Burke
- “Sleep is like the unicorn ~ it’s rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any”. ~ Dr. Seuss
- Sleep? Yes, I have a vague recollection of what that was like.